Flowers are essential to summer and none more beloved than the sacred rose. Its calming yet uplifting scent is more than just olfactory amusement; rose possesses serious health and beauty benefits you’re not going to want to live without.
While you might associate rose as being an “old” scent best-suited for your grandma, there’s reason to look at it more like a classic – the little black dress of beauty, rose is a tried and true beauty elixir worthy of your affection. And for the summer season especially, there’s nothing quite as essential as a rose water skin toner to keep you glowing and gorgeous all season long.
Here are some of our favorite reasons to make a rose-based toner a part of your summer skincare regimen.
- Reduces inflammation: Sunburn, acne, dry skin – common ailments this time of year, rose water can help to mitigate. Rose water helps to cleanse skin and remove excess dirt that can clog pores.
- Locks in moisture: Rose water is excellent at hydrating and helping skin to retain moisture giving you that natural summer glo w.
- Antioxidant-rich: The antioxidants in rose water can make the skin stronger and younger looking by fighting free radicals.
- Astringent: Rose can tone the skin bringing evenness and calmness to otherwise sensitive skin.
- pH balance: Just like rose’s scent can calm your nerves, it can calm excess oil bringing more balance to the skin.
- Wrinkle reducer: All of rose’s natural benefits help skin look and feel younger. It may help to reduce the appearance of fines and wrinkles.
- Boosts mood: Happy skin lives in a low-stress body and rose is great at enhancing mood, relieving anxiety, stress, and instead promotes calmness and relaxation. It can also help you sleep better, which, as we all know by now, is critical for healthy and younger looking skin.